Return to The French Rose


Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Lovely Hand Painted Shutters




Custom Hot Pink and Red Shutters

What a great way to reuse and recycle!!! I found a lot of shutters in the trash and snatched them right up. This was two years ago - I am finally inspired to reuse them by painting them with sweet rosebuds and roses. This set is for sale on Ebay, but I have more and can't wait to redo them, too. They can be used in an office for note storage or a bill holder - even business cards could be clipped on the slats. Please, please post any more ideas for use of these wonderful discards!!!









9 Comments:

Blogger Amy @ The Cottage Gate said...

Your shutters are lovely....I truly admire those who can paint! And I love old shutters - what a beautiful way to give them new life! I'm a newer MMP member just trying to visit everyone's blogs. Keep up the good work!

6:44 AM  
Blogger Eileen C. said...

I love your paintings...adding you to my favorites!

I have tagged you for some fun! Go to my blog to find out.

Eileen

10:47 AM  
Blogger My Pink Boutique said...

Very pretty! Beautiful handpainted roses! With enough of the shutters, I would create a headboard for a girl's bed from them. Also, they'd look great flanking both sides of a fireplace or across the front of the fireplace. Can't wait to see the others!

Hugs, :-)
Kimberly

11:54 PM  
Blogger karlascottage.typepad.com said...

Your shutters turned out very pretty.

6:13 AM  
Blogger PattieJ said...

Very pretty!!! I sure wish I could paint beautiful roses like that!

8:04 PM  
Blogger Michele said...

The shutters are so pretty, it's amazing what people throw out. Your painting on them is gorgeous.

Michele

10:59 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I just love the shutters! Looks so soft and pretty. And I just looove the pink nutcrackers! So cute!
xo
Janet
Janet's Creative Pillows

8:21 PM  
Blogger Tina Leavy said...

those are very pretty.

5:02 PM  
Blogger albina N muro said...

Shutters can add an element of surprise and intrigue when used in unexpected ways. Click ahead for some creative ways to use them inside your house. shutters basildon

1:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home